A Tradition of Legal Excellence
Ryan C. McCamy
- Personal Injury
- Business Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Civil Litigation
Ryan McCamy represents companies in the construction, business, insurance, agricultural, transportation, and oil, gas, and energy production industries. Ryan is a litigator focusing on disputes involving contracts, commercial, workplace, personal injury and collection matters. Additionally, Ryan represents several property management and ownership groups concerning landlord-tenant and rental disputes. Ryan has successfully tried multiple jury and court trials to verdict, as well as representing clients on appeal to the North Dakota Supreme Court. Ryan has also successfully represented clients in numerous construction arbitrations, work-related (OSHA) and mining (MSHA) incidents and administrative appeals.
Ryan also represents injured individuals in construction, oil and gas, and catastrophic injury claims. These include claims for traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and claims involving long-term disabilities and disfigurements.
Ryan is licensed to practice law in North Dakota and Minnesota. He is also admitted to the Bar of the United States District Court for the Districts of North Dakota, Minnesota and Nebraska.
Ryan has been honored by Super Lawyers since 2016. Ryan is a member of the American Bar Association (ABA) and past member of the Defense Research Institute (DRI). Ryan is the author of the DRI Construction Law Deskbook (North Dakota) and has spoken to various groups on construction law, insurance issues, and expert witness development.
Ryan earned his Bachelor of Science degree, with honors, from North Dakota State University. He earned his Juris Doctor degree with distinction from the University of North Dakota School of Law in 2009. While in law school, Ryan was a member of the North Dakota Law Review, served as a teaching assistant with the Lawyering Skills program, and was President of the Student Trial Lawyers Association.
Ryan is a member of the State Bar Association of North Dakota, the Minnesota State Bar Association, and the Cass County Bar Association. Ryan is an active member and former two-time President of the Lake Agassiz Kiwanis Club, a former Advisory Board member with the Big Brother/Big Sister program, and is the former President of the F-M Claims Association. Ryan enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, golfing, and is an outdoorsman.
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: With High Distinction
- Honors: Lawyering Skills Program, Teaching Assistant
- North Dakota State University
- B.S. - 2004
- Honors: With Honors
- North Dakota, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska
- F-M Claims Association , Past President, 2010
- Honorable Order of the Blue Goose, Past Member
- Super Lawyers Great Plains Rising Star
- 2020 Kiwanis Champion for Kids Honoree
Classes & Seminars
- International Association of Arson Investigators, Past Instructor
- How to Get Paid on Your Construction Contract – Associated Builders and Contractors
- The Circus – Tales of North Dakota Small Claims Court
- North Dakota Insurance Law Update (DRI)
- Kiwanis Club of Lake Agassiz, Past President and Board Member, 2009 to Present
- Big Brother/Big Sister, Advisory Board, 2012
- Fargo Youth Baseball (coach)
- Upward Sports (coach)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) – North Dakota Construction Law Deskbook