Ryan McCamy is a shareholder at Conmy Feste Ltd. Ryan represents companies and individuals in the construction, business, insurance, agriculture, transportation, and oil, gas, and energy production industries. Ryan is a commercial litigator focusing on disputes involving contracts, commercial, workplace, personal injury and collection matters. Ryan has successfully tried multiple jury and court trials to verdict, as well as representing clients on appeal to the North Dakota Supreme Court. Ryan has also successfully represented clients in work-related (OSHA) and mining (MSHA) incidents and administrative appeals.
Ryan is licensed to practice law in North Dakota and Minnesota. He is also admitted to the Bar of the United States District Court for the District of North Dakota.
Prior to Joining Conmy Feste, Ryan was a shareholder with a Fargo law firm. Ryan has been honored by Super Lawyers since 2016. Ryan is a member of the Defense Research Institute (DRI) and the American Bar Association (ABA). Ryan has authored the DRI Construction Law Deskbook (North Dakota) and has spoken to various groups on construction law, insurance issues, and expert witness development.
Ryan earned his Bachelor of Science degree, with honors, from North Dakota State University. He earned his Juris Doctor with distinction from the University of North Dakota School of Law in 2009. While in law school, Ryan was a member with the North Dakota Law Review, served as a teaching assistant with the Lawyering Skills program, and was President of the Student Trial Lawyers Association.
Ryan is a member of the State Bar Association of North Dakota, the Minnesota State Bar Association, and the Cass County Bar Association. Ryan is an active member and former President of the Lake Agassiz Kiwanis Club, is a former Advisory Board member with the Big Brother/Big Sister program, and is the former President of the F-M Claims Association. Ryan enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, golfing, and is an outdoorsman.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Business Law
- Commercial Litigation
- North Dakota, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: With High Distinction
- Honors: Lawyering Skills Program, Teaching Assistant
- North Dakota State University
- B.S. - 2004
- Honors: With Honors
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) – North Dakota Construction Law Deskbook
- International Association of Arson Investigators, Past Instructor
- How to Get Paid on Your Construction Contract – Associated Builders and Contractors
- The Circus – Tales of North Dakota Small Claims Court
- North Dakota Insurance Law Update
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Great Plains Rising Star
Professional Associations and Memberships
- F-M Claims Association , Past President, 2010 to Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Kiwanis Club of Lake Agassiz, Past President and Board Member, 2009 to Present
- Big Brother/Big Sister, Advisory Board, 2012