Robert J. Schultz is an attorney and shareholder of Conmy Feste Ltd. Robert focuses his practice on family law. Robert handles all aspects of domestic relations disputes, including premarital agreements, marital agreements, separation agreements, divorce agreements, parenting plans and custody, support, paternity, modification of existing obligations and equitable distribution issues. Robert regularly negotiates and litigates matters involving valuation and distribution of assets. He has extensive experience involving complex valuation issues including, but not limited to, closely held business interests, professional practices and agricultural enterprises. Robert has experience in trial and appellate courts in North Dakota and Minnesota. Robert is professional and experienced.
Robert has extensive experience mediating disputes involving parenting time, support and the distribution of assets and liabilities. Robert is a qualified neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice; is listed on the Roster of Alternative Dispute Resolution Neutrals maintained by the North Dakota State Court Administrator, pursuant to Rule 8.9 of the North Dakota Rules of Court; and has completed the 40-hour Family Mediation Training Course offered through the University of North Dakota Conflict Resolution Center.
Robert was born in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. He obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point in 1977, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in English. Robert was employed as an English teacher in Oconto, Wisconsin from 1977 through 1979. He then taught English in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin from 1979 through 1984. Robert graduated with distinction from University of North Dakota School of Law in 1987 and was made a member of the North Dakota Chapter of the Order of the Coif. Since graduating from law school, Robert has been continuously employed at Conmy Feste Ltd.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Qualified Neutral , Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice
- Roster of Alternative Dispute Resolution Neutrals , North Dakota State Court Administrator
- Pursuant, Rule 8.9 of the North Dakota Rules of Court
- North Dakota, 1987
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1987
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1977
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Dakota Chapter of the Order of the Coif, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Oconto, Wisconsin , English Teacher, 1977 to 1979
- Fond du Lac, Wisconsin , English Teacher, 1979 to 1984