Kim Brust is a shareholder of Conmy Feste Ltd. and focuses his practice on personal injury and commercial litigation. His personal injury practice includes automobile accidents, wrongful death, products liability, medical negligence, spinal cord injury, brain injury and insurance bad faith litigation. Kim has represented a variety of commercial clients including architects, engineers, contractors and businesses involved in commercial disputes.
A Fargo native, Kim received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the North Dakota State University in 1976, and a Juris Doctor degree from the University of North Dakota School of Law in 1979. Since graduating from law school, Kim has continuously engaged in the private practice of law at the Fargo, N.D. law firm.
Kim is licensed and admitted to appear before all state and federal courts in North Dakota and Minnesota. He has been certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and was selected as Great Plains Super Lawyer and a fellow of the International Society of Barristers.
Kim has been involved as a volunteer with many community and professional organizations in the area. He has served on the Pattern Jury Instruction Commission for the State of North Dakota, as Chair of Inquiry Committee Southeast, which investigates ethical complaints against lawyers, and as president of both the North Dakota Association of Justice and Cass County Bar Association. Kim is currently a member of the North Dakota Association of Justice, and the Minnesota Association of Justice, the Cass County Bar Association and the State Bar Association of North Dakota. He has also served on the Fargo School Board and the board of the Children's Museum at Yunker Farm.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Commercial Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Civil Pretrial Practice Law Certification, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- North Dakota, 1979
- Minnesota, 1991
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Juris Doctor - 1979
- North Dakota State University
- B.A. - 1976
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Inquiry Committee Southeast, Former Chair
- North Dakota Association of Justice, Past President
- Minnesota Association of Justice, Member, Present
- State Bar Association of North Dakota, Member, Present
- Fargo School Board, Former Member
- Children’s Museum at Yunker Farm, Former Board Member
- Cass County Bar Association, Member, Past President
- Pattern Jury Instruction Commission, Former Member
- International Association of Barristers, Past Fellow