Douglas W. Murch is a shareholder of Conmy Feste Ltd. Doug focuses his practice on the areas of business and commercial law and transactions, banking, creditors’ rights and bankruptcy, real estate, foreclosures, and estate planning. Doug advises his business clients in business formations, transactions, and development for all business forms, including corporations, LLCs, and partnerships. In his commercial practice, Doug assists clients in contract negotiations and disputes, including financing transactions. He is also a creditors’ lawyer, experienced in collection of commercial debts, and regularly practices in Bankruptcy Court. Doug also advises clients on appropriate estate plans, including wills, trusts, and other non-probate planning tools.
Doug is licensed to practice law in North Dakota and Minnesota. He is also admitted to the Bar of the United States District Court for the District of North Dakota and the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota.
Doug served as law clerk to Justice Dale V. Sandstrom at the North Dakota Supreme Court. He also served as law clerk to Judge Rodney S. Webb at the United States District Court for the District of North Dakota.
Doug is a native of Hunter, North Dakota. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, summa cum laude, from Valley City State University in 2002. He earned his Juris Doctor degree with distinction from the University of North Dakota School of Law in 2005. While in law school, Doug served on the Board of Editors for the North Dakota Law Review as Editor-in-Chief. He was published in the North Dakota Law Review for his article Civil Rights-Employment Practices: Common Law Control is the Best Test of “Employee” Within Employment Discrimination, Clackamas Gastroenterology Associates, P.C. v. Wells, 538 U.S. 440 (2003), 80 N.D. L. REV. 471 (2004), and was a major contributor to 2004-2005 Assessment of the Services of the United States District Court for the District of North Dakota, 81 N.D. L. REV. 235 (2005).
Doug is a member of the State Bar Association of North Dakota, the Minnesota State Bar Association, the Cass County Bar Association, and the National Order of Barristers, a membership he earned for his advocacy skills. He also serves on the Lutheran Social Services Youth Court Advisory Board and is an active member of the Kiwanis Club of Fargo.
Doug enjoys spending time with his wife and children and helping his brother and father on their family farm near Hunter, N.D. He is also an avid sports fan.
Areas Of Practice
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Trusts & Estates
- Commercial Law
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Juris Doctor - 2005
- Valley City State University
- B.S. - 2002
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Business Administration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board of Editors for the North Dakota Law Review , Editor-in-Chief
- State Bar Association of North Dakota, Member, Present
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, Present
- Cass County Bar Association, Member, Present
- National Order of Barristers, Member, Present
- Lutheran Social Services Youth Court Advisory Board, Board Member , Present
- Kiwanis Club of Fargo, Member, Present
Past Employment Positions
- Justice Dale V. Sandstrom at the North Dakota Supreme Court, Clerk
- Judge Rodney S. Webb at the United States District Court for the District of North Dakota, Clerk