A Tradition of Legal Excellence
Cecilia A. Knapp
- Associate Attorney
Cecilia A. Knapp is an associate attorney practicing family law. She is licensed to practice in Minnesota and North Dakota.
Cecilia obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of North Dakota in 2006. She earned her Juris Doctor from William Mitchell College of Law in 2013. Her legal career includes clerking for the Honorable Michelle Lawson in Clay County, followed by 5 years with the Clay County Attorney's Office, where she focused on adult criminal prosecution, including domestic violence and sexual assault cases. She currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Minnesota Alliance on Crime, advancing responses and services for victims-survivors in Minnesota.
Cecilia draws on her significant courtroom experience and applies a person-centered approach to assist clients seeking legal representation in domestic relations cases, including divorce, paternity, parenting plans and custody, support, modification of existing obligations and property distribution issues.
Cecilia is a resident of Moorhead and enjoys gardening and being taken for walks by her 120-pound lapdog.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2013
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- B.A. - 2006
- Major: French
- Minor: English
- North Dakota, 2016
- Minnesota, 2013
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- State Bar Association of North Dakota, Member, Present
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, Present
- Cass County Bar Association, Member, Present
- Clay County Bar Association, Member, Present