Stephannie N. Stiel
Stephannie N. Stiel is a shareholder of Conmy Feste Ltd. Stephannie focuses on the areas of complex commercial and general civil litigation, including business, employment and estate litigation. Stephannie also offers clients counseling on employment matters, including the drafting of employee handbooks.
Stephannie received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice and Psychology, cum laude, from Moorhead State University in 2000 and her Juris Doctor with distinction from the University of North Dakota School of Law in 2003. During law school, Stephannie was on the Board of Editors for the North Dakota Law Review as the Outside Articles Editor. She also won the law school’s Moot Court competition and received the award for Best Appellant Team. Prior to joining the firm, she clerked for the Honorable Dale Sandstrom of the North Dakota Supreme Court.
Stephannie is a member of the North Dakota, Minnesota, Cass County, and American Bar Associations and is a member of the National Order of Barristers, a membership she earned for her advocacy skills. She is a past president of the Cass County Bar Association and the Ronald N. Davies Inn of Court as well as a past board of governor for the North Dakota Association of Justice.
Stephannie is the former president and co-founder of the North Dakota chapter of Hands & Voices, an organization that supports families who have children who are deaf or hard-of-hearing. She has also been involved as a board member of the Bismarck Habitat for Humanity and has served on the resource development committee for Lake Agassiz’s Habitat for Humanity.
Stephannie was born and raised in Aberdeen, South Dakota, and currently resides in West Fargo, North Dakota, with her family.
- North Dakota, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- J.D. - 2003
- Moorehead State University
- B.A. cum laude - 2000
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Major: Psychology
Honors and Awards
- Moot Court Competition - University of North Dakota School of Law
- Best Appellant Team - University of North Dakota School of Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Dakota State Bar Association , Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- National Order of Barristers, Member
- Cass County Bar Association , Member, Past President
- Ronald N. Davies Inn of Court, Past President
- North Dakota Association of Justice, Former Member of Board of Governors
- North Dakota chapter of Hands & Voices, Former President and Co-Founder
- Bismarck Habitat for Humanity , Former Board Member
- Lake Agassiz’s Habitat for Humanity, Former Member of Resource Development Committee
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable Dale Sandstrom of the North Dakota Supreme Court, Clerk
- Board of Editors for the North Dakota Law Review, Outside Articles Editor